- In a previous post, I discussed the how the life of Maya Angelou teaches us how to triumph over life’s obstacles. Her life serves as a guide post for us about how we can create lives full of joy and success; lives that leave a definitive impact on the world. In that vein, I’d like to share with you some of the words of Maya Angelou that have been particularly motivating for me. I constantly surround myself with my favorite inspirational quotes to remind me of who I am and what is possible. These are my top 10 quotes from Maya Angelou that inspire me to show up and share my life in spite of feelings of fear and doubt that may arise. I hope they also inspire you to courageously be your authentic self and share your unique gift with our world.
10 Quotes of Wisdom from Maya Angelou
- “Develop enough courage you can stand up for yourself and then stand up for somebody else Click & Tweet! .”
- “History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again Click & Tweet! .”
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it Click & Tweet! .”
- “I do my best because I’m counting on you counting on me Click & Tweet! .”
- “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be Click & Tweet! .”
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. Click & Tweet! ”
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women Click & Tweet! .”
- “If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it change your attitude Click & Tweet! .”
- “Living life as art requires a readiness to forgive Click & Tweet! .”
- “Don’t be a prisoner of ignorance. The world is larger, far more complicated, and far more wonderful than ignorance allows Click & Tweet! .”
So that’s my top ten list of inspirational quotes from Maya Angelou. I’d love to hear which quote inspires you the most or which one you’d like to add to this list.